“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.”
—Deuteronomy 6:5-7 (NKJV)
Who We Are
We are a private, non-profit, faith-based support group for Christian homeschoolers in the Castle Rock area of Douglas County, Colorado, who are teaching and training our children according to the Biblical admonition in Deuteronomy 6:5-7 (above). Our role is to offer support to other Christian homeschool families by meeting regularly for encouragement, offering information about educational opportunities in the local area along with fellowship and instruction. We are made up of volunteers who are training and educating our children, being wives and mothers, and juggling the many responsibilities for our support group.
Who Can Join
Christian Homeschoolers of Castle Rock is open to like-minded Christian families of all ages who are looking for fellowship and encouragement in their homeschool journey. Each family must agree to and sign the Statement of Beliefs and Member Code of Conduct (viewable on the left-side menu) as well as a Release of Liability agreement. Members must also submit the enrollment fee of $25 annually.
We are currently accepting new applications and renewals for the 2015-2016 homeschool year!
You can receive a Request for Membership form by filling in the request box in the sidebar. An enrollment fee of $25 per family is due in order for your application to be processed.
1. To Encourage
- Impart vision that glorifies Jesus Christ
- Fellowship for the homeschooling journey
- Prayer support for our members
- Home-based and parent-directed homeschooling families
2. To Equip
- Monthly meetings for support and fellowship
- Speakers to provide support and information for our success
- Resources for field trips and activities (dependent on parent involvement)
- Interactive website: homeschooling articles, homeschooling events calendar & resource links, member-only resources and events, and more!
3. To Educate
- Colorado legislation and laws affecting homeschooling
- State requirements for homeschooling
- Home education conferences and other available resources for homeschoolers
Who We Are Not
- Government funded
- A private school (we do not provide formal educational co-ops)
- An umbrella or independent school
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.